Monday 26 December 2016

Jackfruit seeds parcels

Jackfruit seeds parcels


I am sharing here today  my grandmothers recipe,a very traditional recipe known only to some people in some parts of Bengal.I remember this was made by my grandmother whenever I visited her because I loved this so much.Later when I grew up, I learnt to make this from my mother.
This recipe does have some constraints ,as the two important ingredients are not available easily,but to those they are available will find it an extremely easy dish to prepare

 


Ingredients
  • 5 to 6 medium sized pumpkin leaves
  • about 20 jack fruit seeds
  • cumin powder-2 teaspoon
  • chili powder -1 heaped teaspoon
  • turmeric powder -1 teaspoon
  • salt as per taste
  • onion-one large finely chopped
  • oil for frying (preferably mustard oil)

The main ingredient-Jack fruit seeds,

peel the hard covering,

cut into pieces and soak in water,

the spices and onion,


boil the seeds and strain out the water,

mix all the ingredients withe boiled seeds,

pumpkin leaves,
prepare the pumpkin leaves,pinch out the threads from the lower part of the leaves

and the upper part too

sprinkle salt and leave for 15 minutes

smash the seeds with the spices by hand,form a coarse mixture

squeeze out the water from the leaves

spread out and put the seed mixture

fold to form a parcel

done

parcels ready

shallow fry in medium heat on both sides

ready to be served




No comments:

Post a Comment