Thursday 18 August 2016

Lemon sewai


         My foray into the world of food has been a long one ,perhaps since my teenage days.Experimenting ,innovating,and changing things here and there to suit the taste buds of the family has now become a way of life. The bug has been largely  an inherited one,as I have grown up observing my mom trying out different recipes from newspaper and magazines..
So in keeping with my interest,I finally start with my food blog ,CURRIES AND PICKLES,which actually was a long overdue one,and hope to find many foodie friends along in this journey.
I hail from eastern India ,so you might find more recipes from that region in my blog,but I do enjoy trying out recipes from every other state of the country.So heres to some happy cooking......
     


   My first recipe is a very common breakfast item from South India which is loved by grown ups and children as well.This can be very well packed in lunch boxes because it tastes equally good when it is not hot.Very easy to make ,with very few ingredients ,I often pack this when I  travel by train.This preparation is little tangy with a southindian flavour ,but what i love most about it is its soft texture






Ingridients----roasted vermicilli -2 cups
                      peanuts -1 tablespoon
                      curry leaves-1 tablespoon
                    urad dal-half tablespoon
                     green chillies-4 to 5
                     mustard seeds-one teaspoon
                  tumeric powder -1 teaspoon
                   salt -as per taste
                  lemon-1
                   any vegetable oil of your choice-2 tablespoon

Steps explained along with the pictorial,
ingredients

cook vemicilli in water and let it cool in a strainer

start with frying peanuts in any vegetable oil



when groundnuts start changing colour add the urad dal





let the urad dal change to reddish brown before adding the chillies
n


time for curry leaves


and then mustard seeds


now tumeric powder and salt


now add the boiled vermicilli


stir well and spread it out in the pan while stirring



switch off the heat and add lemon juice and stir well once again



and breakfast is ready

Do try this out and let me know about it in the comments,


tips-If you wish to pack it for lunch boxes,you can cook the sewai the previous evening and keep it in the fridge,for better results

No comments:

Post a Comment